Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy Busy

I know we all say we are busy all the time but does it really have to be this busy? I mean I had a friend come my way and I couldn't even think to call her before she got here to let her know what was going on in my life and why I couldn't meet her and visit. Some times are busier than others. Well, here it is. Saturday, Oct. 11th was the day the kids and I were to go to Xander's birthday party in Russellville. Woke up and while getting ready to go we get a call that my mother-in-law, Norma, had passed out in her kitchen. (while making our sandwiches for our trip.) Jeff went up there and they ended up calling 911, she went to the hospital. I was stuck, do I leave or not. I couldn't really do anything here because I have these three kids, so Jeff and I decide for me to go ahead and go on my trip. Xander's b-day party was a success! The kids loved it! They got to skate!
The next morning I get a phone call from Jeff saying that his dad just went to the ER from his mom's room in the hospital. Really bad stomach pains! Come to find out, he had gallstones. On Sunday night Jeff and I and the kids stayed with his dad while Donisha(my sister-in-law) stayed with Norma in the hospital. Well, Norma got out of the hospital on Tuesday. We had Allison's last soccer game of the season that night and on Wednesday morning while taking the kids to school I get a phone call from my father-in-law saying that Norma has passed out again and I need to come get her up. I did and she is fine. She is having trouble with her blood pressure dropping. On Thursday, Gene, (my father-in-law), went into the hospital to have his gallbladder removed. Everything went well there and he got to come home that same day. I did stay with Norma that day. On Saturday, we had another birthday skating party to go to for one of Bradley's friends, Rodney. They all had a blast! Things seem to be slowing down a bit, but there is housework and yard work to be done! So for anyone who has emailed or called and I haven't replied, I'm Sorry. Jeff is at the Doctor right now for his yearly physical. We will see how that one goes! I am expecting good news! Oh, I forgot, Bradley was sick on Friday with some kind of virus. I love being close to my in laws when they need us. We would do anything for them. For those of you who do not know, Jeff's dad is 82 and his mom is 78. But they do really good!! Love to all of you. Miss everyone! Girls from high school, we NEED to get together soon!!

3 comments:

Nel said...

Life does get hectic, but it is great that you guys are close. I would of never dreamed Norma and Gene's age. Tell them I said Hi.

Angela said...

Yes, we do!

The Hons said...

Most definitely do!!! Just name a date and time.